Monday, September 14, 2009

Good & Sobering News

Almost one week at home already. Thank you so much for all of you who have been following my blog and praying for me. Truly, as I have been sharing this past week with other, I feel that God has answered your prayers and helped me recover much faster. Remember, the first few days in the hospital everyone was telling me surgery for sure. Instead, I am at home already, watching my daughter watch "Wonder Pets" on tv and my 7 week old son take another nap (my other daughter is napping too).
So, along the lines of good news, I already had a Dr appointment today. The Dr said my previous Xray looked so good that I didn't need to bother taking another one today. That was huge news to me! It looks like I am over the hump regarding any surgery concerns and now I just need to heal...
....and that brings me to the sobering news. 6 more weeks on crutches before I see the Dr again to see how my fractures have healed. 6 weeks. I know, it could be much worse. It just means a lot of hanging out at home. No jumping jacks or break-dancing for at least 6 more weeks. And then I will need another month of physical therapy to get back to walking the Dr said. He said that most people he puts on crutches for 3 months and then at least 6 weeks to get back to walking ok. The Dr said I'm healing fast so he is optimistic. So am I.
So we looked at the calendar and my goal is to be "back up and running" just after Thanksgiving. So a good 3 months+ for my little trip into the ditch...
Bike ride anyone? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Josh,
    We are so glad to hear that you are healing so well. We are praising God that he has been so faithful to see you through this healing process and answered so many of our prayers. Be encouraged and know that he will see you through the next 6 weeks. He is Almighty and all powerful and can take you off of those crutches even sooner if it is in his will. So lean on him and trust him in his infinite wisdom and timing.
    Gratefully,
    Eddie & Kim

    ReplyDelete