Friday, September 4, 2009

false alarm

Quick update. Dr informed me this morning that I have nothing to worry about and the nurses should've explained this to me better last night. I tested positive for MRSA a certain type of staph bacteria but I am not infected. Apparently everyone has some form of staph bacteria on them at all times. My particulare type is the toughest to treat with antibiotics IF it becomes an infection. Again I am not infected but they don't want my staph type to go next door to someone in the hospital who is already very sick and then gets MRSA and it turns into infection. Then it can be dangerous to that person. It is much less contagious when you are just a carrier and not actually infected. The Dr said simple hand washing is the best way to prevent transfer of bacteria and that the gowns and masks are over kill. Kissing my wife and babies is all good since they are healthy. Healthy people carry it all their lives sometimes and don't know it because they never get an infection from it. Dr said I most likely had the bacteria on me before I came to the hospital anyways. Its just protocol that they test everyone here at the ARU. I feel so relieved! Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing person Josh. We are so glad that you dont have MRSA and that everyday you improve. We will be praying for you and your famliy.

    ReplyDelete