Sunday, September 6, 2009

another day closer to home

Not super eventful Saturday which is fine by me. Parents came, Louie Mary and Grace came and brought me Gatorade (thank you), and Mindie came at night. Louie watched me practice hopping into the shower using crutches (hopped over the shower curb). OT makes you practice these things before you go home which is a good idea. Got my wheelchair, camode, and crutches delivered yesterday. Nice looking all black wheelchair. Took me first unsupervised shower yesterday. Got the whole bathroom wet. Also put my feet down on the outside ground for the first time since the accident. Kinda weird to think I've been inside for 2 weeks. I'm ready to go home especially now that the go home goal date is in sight. At least I have some windows to look out. Another thing to not take for granted: fresh air.
Job 8:21 says "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."

2 comments:

  1. hey Josh....I cant wait to see you today. It is so cool to come online and read each day how you are improving so quickly. I can't believe you are really gonna go home next week! Keep up the good work and be sure to ask all of your unaswered questions before you leave (...if you have any). See you in a few hours.
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, Kevin and I have been thinking about you and pray for a quick recovery as well as strength for Mindie during this time.
    Julia Previch

    ReplyDelete