Friday, September 4, 2009

the first finish line is in sight

After my scare was cleared up this morning I had another great day of rehab. I practiced getting in and Out of bed and used crutches instead of a walker. Getting up and down is getting a little easier each day. My first day of rehab was on wed and one PT told me I was looking at approx 3 weeks before I would be going home. Today is friday and the 3 therapists I worked with today all agreed that going home next wed is now an appropriate goal date! That means in 2 days we shaved off 2 weeks of rehab. I say we because I know you have been praying for me and God has answered our prayers. The decline of pain and my confidence and ability to move has increased so much in the last two days it seriously baffles me. But I am loving it. Just days ago the hospital bed was a small island prison that I could not move. In or leave. Today I could get up and move with minimal pain. I have been telling the impressed therapists that I have many people praying for me. Please do not stop. Going home next week would be awesome but just one of many lines I need to cross before I have a full recovery. I need to have my bones heal properly over the next few weeks to be completely clear of surgery concerns. Oh yeah. My sister kids and Mindie brought me dinner tonight. I kissed my chunky baby boy and had both my girls on my lap for their fair share as well. A great finish to a great day.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior-"
2 Samuel 22:2-3

3 comments:

  1. Josh! That is awesome that it sounds like you will be going home much sooner than expected! Mostly because Amy and I have like 5 homes we need you to show us the day you get home. That's right---FIVE. So I hope for your sake you are healthy enough and up for the challenge. Matter of fact, we'll pick you up from UCI ourselves and just go from there....

    In all seriousness, we are thrilled that the progress is going so quickly, and it seems like you are doing everything right with the recovery and rehab. Keep that head up and we'll definitely keep praying!
    ---Rosners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh,

    We are so happy to hear about your progress. We think about you and Mindy everyday and are praying continuously for your healing.

    Jeff and Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh,

    Ray and I have been on vacation but we have thought & prayed for you and your family everyday. We have asked the Lord for amazing healing. We couldn't wait to get home and online to see your progress. We knew you would have great healing because God is good, all the time. He answers all prayers.
    Love and Hugs,
    Ray & Kit

    ReplyDelete